When you have many IPTV channels, it is still convenient to use the EPG electronic program guide to quickly find the channel you want and find out the content time. the type and number of EPG modes may vary from one IPTV provider to another.
If you subscribe to XtrixTV IPTV, you will be shown three EPG modes: grid EPG, classic EPG, and regular epg. Grid EPG is the typical display for cable TV and this guide will show you how to use it on XtrixTV or other service devices.
Table of Contents
What is Grid EPG
“Grid EPG” is short for “Grid Electronic Program Guide.” An Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is an on-screen guide that provides information about the schedule of TV programs, movies, or other video content. A grid EPG is a type of EPG that displays the program schedule in a grid format, with each row representing a specific time slot and each column representing a particular channel. The grid allows users to easily browse the schedule and find the programming they want to watch.
How to use EPG Grid on XtrixTV IPTV
The default TV Guide format for the XtrixTV App is Normal EPG. Follow these steps to switch to a Grid EPG for your IPTV subscription.
- Open the XtrixTV App.
- At the bottom of the home screen, you will see four options: Settings, Drect-to-TV, Grid EPG, and Classic EPG.
- Select Grid EPG.
- Go to the live channel, click OK and you will see that TV Guide has switched to Grid EPG.
You can also click Settings – Misc. – EPG mode in step 3, then right-click remote and select Grid EPG. When you’re done, wait a moment and the TV Guide will switch to the Grid EPG.
Why does my IPTV subscription not have a Grid EPG?
The XtrixTV App offers different features as you subscribe to different IPTV packages and install and use them on different devices. See the table below for details.
|Grid EPG||Classic EPG||Normal EPG|
|XtrixTV App (STB Version)||×||√||√|
|XtrixTV App (PAD Version)||×||×||√|
|XtrixTV Plus App (STB Version)||√||√||√|
|XtrixTV Plus App (PAD Version)||×||×||√|
|Sub-Device App (STB Version)||√||√||√|
|Sub-Device App (PAD Version)||×||×||√|
Related Reading: List Of IPTV Providers That Offer IPTV Catch-Up
What is a Grid EPG and how does it work?
A Grid Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is an on-screen guide that provides information about the schedule of television programs, movies, or other video content. The EPG displays the program schedule in a grid format, with each row representing a specific time slot and each column representing a particular channel. This allows users to easily browse the schedule and find the programming they want to watch.
To use a Grid EPG, viewers typically access the guide through their TV or set-top box. The EPG can be navigated using a remote control or another input device, and users can select a program to learn more about it or tune directly to that channel. Some Grid EPGs also allow users to search for programs by title, genre, or other criteria and may include additional information such as descriptions, ratings, and reviews. The information in a Grid EPG is typically updated regularly by the TV provider, ensuring that the guide always displays the most up-to-date schedule information.
How is a Grid EPG different from other types of EPGs?
A Grid EPG is different from other types of Electronic Program Guides (EPGs) in a number of ways, including the format in which the program schedule is displayed and the level of detail provided about each program.
1. Format: The defining feature of a Grid EPG is its grid format, in which each row represents a specific time slot and each column represents a particular channel. Other types of EPGs may use a list format, a calendar view, or another layout, but the grid format of a Grid EPG is designed to be easy to navigate and quickly provide an overview of the program schedule.
2. Level of Detail: While Grid EPGs may display basic information about each program, such as the title and start time, other types of EPGs may provide additional details such as descriptions, cast and crew information, ratings, and reviews.
3. Personalization: Some EPGs, such as those that use artificial intelligence or machine learning, can be personalized to a user’s viewing habits and preferences. This allows the EPG to highlight programs that the viewer is likely to be interested in. Grid EPGs, on the other hand, typically do not have this level of personalization.
4. Integration with Other Services: Some EPGs can integrate with other services, such as streaming services or home automation systems, providing a more comprehensive and convenient viewing experience. Grid EPGs may not have this level of integration.
5. Search Functionality: Some EPGs have robust search functionality, making it easy for users to find specific programs or genres. Grid EPGs may have limited search capabilities.
In conclusion, while a Grid EPG provides a simple and straightforward way to view the schedule of television programs, other types of EPGs may offer additional features and benefits, depending on the needs and preferences of the viewer.
How do I access a Grid EPG on my TV or set-top box?
Accessing a Grid Electronic Program Guide (EPG) on your TV or set-top box will depend on the specific device you are using. Here are some common steps to access a Grid EPG:
1. Subscription XtrixTV IPTV.
2. Install XtrixTV App or XtrixTV Plus App.
3. Open the App, Select Grid EPG at the bottom of the home screen to access it on your Android TV box.